Friday, April 6, 2012

Changing Gears


After several months writing about the revenue cycle, I think I have exhausted the topic for now. Clearly, there is a lot more to know and perhaps I will revisit some items with more detail in the future. But, for now… we move on to new and exciting things.

Over the years I worked my way up from working as a receptionist in a doctor’s office, to project management, to an operations director, and today I am a healthcare IT (information technology) product manager. I love product management and I love technology. For those who don’t know what a product manager is, I will tell you. 

A product manager builds products and makes them profitable. I like to think of it as the midway point between development and marketing or sort of the CEO of a product. The product manager comes up with ideas based on market demand, technology, customer needs, competitive research, etc. and works with development personnel to build it while working with marketing to brand it and sell it.  

Being a product manager in healthcare, I have been instrumental in the design, development, and marketing of web-based software such as electronic medical records, practice management system (medical billing software), personal health record, and hospital case management software. It is so exciting to come up with new ideas that delight current customers and attract new ones. Product management is a field where you can really see your creative vision come to life and thrive!

So my plan moving forward is to start talking about technology. As I have said before, this blog is not intending to sell anything; however, I do plan to talk about some of the great technologies out there. Accordingly, I may talk about some cool companies who have, in my opinion, helped to bring healthcare closer to the 21st century. But, please don’t assume I am trying to sell anything. The only company who I really, really love is Google and they won’t have me (But, Uh, Google, if you are reading this, please, please, please hire me, please?!?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...