Friday, November 27, 2015

Goodbye and Good Riddance Verizon


I have been with Verizon for a very long time. And, the prices got higher and higher. Eventually, they stopped offering a free phone with contract renewal. After that, there was nothing keeping me with Verizon (certainly not their BOGUS rewards program)...except my existing contract. Now, the contract is over for all of the lines on my account and I can say goodbye to Verizon once and for all!

I started using Google's Project Fi on November 1st.  Since I still had a contract with Verizon until the end of November - I had both phones running for the month. Because I was still in contract with Verizon, I could not transfer my phone number to Project Fi without getting slammed by Verizon's early termination fees. So, I decided to take Google up on getting a new number. No big deal for me, really. I was actually a nice opportunity to clean house. And, having both Verizon and Project Fi active at the same time gave me a bit of a safety net during my Project Fi trial (turned out I didn't need a safety net - Project Fi is better than Verizon).

Now the month is over and I can say without hesitation - Project Fi is AMAZING! The service is flawless. During my month trial, I traveled in both the US and the UK. Perfect service in both countries. Best of all, 10 gigs of data costs $10 per month with Project Fi both in the US and in 120 other countries! I used data in the UK as if I were in the US and there was no additional cost beyond that $10 per gig that I pay anyway. Yes, you understood correctly. International data for $10 per gig when you travel in any of their listed 120 countries!!! Hard to believe, but completely true!

Honestly, it only took me a few days using Project Fi to know the service was great. Several times, in areas with generally poor cell service, I had better cell reception than family members who were still on Verizon! After about 3 days of carrying both my Verizon phone and my Project Fi phone, I started leaving my Verizon phone at home. As a matter of fact, I think I have only turned on my Verizon phone 3 times this month.

I am now so confident with Project Fi that my whole family is moving over and I couldn't be happier. We are moving over to an reliable yet affordable service and getting rid of Verizon once and for all.

If you haven't heard about Project Fi, you should check it out soon. The service is excellent and the price is right!

https://fi.google.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...